I've always liked Fridays: the end of the school week, work week, a weekend ahead to do whatever, either planned or not.
Today is my day off, and by this I mean no teaching or doing any events with the moms group. More time to spend with Olivia!
Recently, I've been having some random thoughts on my mind, and I wanted to share them with you. Here I go:
- what are the chances of me meeting a lovely lady with the name Luciana?? She is actually from Brazil, and she came to one of the moms group events; later we met at the Yoga class at 24 hour Fitness. So, just for fun, here is my voicemail message to her: "Hi Luciana, it's Luciena calling you!" How about that??
- last night I truly enjoyed the phone conversation with my super smart cousin Olga in California. It has been a long time since we talked. This reminded me that we always need to find time and make an effort to connect with our family and friends, no matter how busy and carried away we are.
- speaking of family: yesterday I enjoyed looking at the FB pictures of my brother - and sister-in-law (soon to be!), Patrick and Felicity. They just came back from their European trip, and their pictures of Greece look surreal! They reminded me of the Mediterranean and made me miss Europe. I promise, we will go next Spring!
- updates on Olivia: she is crawling fast and cruising around the house by holding on to the furniture. She also made it up 3 stairs towards the 2nd floor, can you imagine? She also knows how to say No and clap her hands. Fun!
- we started to work on a playscape area for Olivia in our backyard. Last weekend we removed the grass, cleared the area. This weekend we will put the limestone border, and then order a pea gravel.
- I am excited about hosting few events for the moms club in August. One of them is a coffee talk, and the other is the Moms Night Out. I will be holding an official MNO chair mom position starting in August!
- I am still working on decorating my house. I am very close to finish, I promise!
- the July picture updates are to follow. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment