Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mike's 30th surprise birthday! (Tejas)

 Mike will soon join me in my thirties decade :) On March 25 he is turning 30!!

With that in mind, I decided to make a surprise birthday party for him here in Texas, before we leave to Oregon next week. I have invited all the neighbors and noted about Mike's big 30. I told Mike it will be just a neighborhood get-together/ potluck.

I am very big into planning and organizing events, and I enjoy the process very much. Plus, I wanted Mike to feel special and loved. So I invited the guests, planned the menu, bought the decorations/balloons, ordered the cake. And this all would not be possible without the help of my Mom. Both of my parents treat Mike like their son, and they are always there to support us/ help with whatever is needed. We are so blessed!

Now I would like to take time to describe the menu :)
We had edamame, spinach quiches (from my Mom), spicy and honey bbq chicken wings, cream cheese jalapenos, chips/salsa, chips/spinach dip, lavash bread cheese spirals, shrimp/dip, veggie tray, fruit tray; Mike barbecued 2 types of kiolbasas/sausages and chicken, while my Mom baked paprika potatoes. Yum! For drinks we had a choice of beer, wine and vodka, of course. We also had a non-alcoholic punch. For dessert we had a specially ordered cake.

So here are the pictures as evidence of all the FUN we had on Saturday.
The very first picture. This table doesn't have all the dishes on yet...
Here comes Daddy, buttoning his shirt

Our dear neighbors Sue and Dean, and our friend Steve

My friend Julia playing piano with her 3 yr old Mila

Sue with Brady

Our beautiful baby Olivia

Julia playing jazz!

Pretty Milochka with her brother Brady

In the backyard


Steve and Keelye


It's about the time to open the presents.
FYI: the decorating is a courtesy of my Mom, since I happened
to pull my back really bad right before the party.. C'est la vie!





Julia and Brady
A marble cake with strawberry filling and buttercream topping. Yum!
Oh yes, the Superman = the Computer Superman! And blue is for IBM..

Chewing on a label is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment