Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chuck'E'Cheese, Pumpkin Patch, the recital, and Halloween

I know, it's been 2 weeks since my last post... Looking back, I don't think much happened, but then while uploading the pictures I realized: I better share them all!

First, we were at Olivia's friend Mila's birthday at Chuck'E'Cheese. Mike keeps saying he doesn't like this place because it's too busy, loud, not much space, and bad food... We still decided to give it a try. It was fun! Olivia tried few rides. She got scared at the very first one, but then actually enjoyed it! We visited with some of our friends, had pizza and ice-cream. Now we can check it off our list: we've been to Chuck'E'Cheese!

Our Moms group has organized a field trip to Elgin Pumpkin Patch. I wasn't brave enough to drive there by myself, so I asked my Mom to join me and Olivia. The drive there took about 40 minutes, and we happened to drive through some really poor areas.. It seems that the houses were made out of clay or something.. We kept thinking that Ukraine doesn't look so bad compare to some areas in the U.S. How sad!

So the Pumpkin Patch included the hay ride, petting zoo, craft table, picking out the pumpkins, and the maze. Unfortunately, we only looked at the animals and pumpkins - it was too cold and windy and overcast. As soon as we were back in Pflugerville, it got warmer and sunny. Oh well! But before we left, we went to Elgin's best bbq place. We ordered the 3 meat plate: brisket, ribs, turkey, and corn with potato salad as a side. It was DELICIOUS! The menu description even said that you could leave your teeth at home, that's how soft and tender the meat was!

Now going from food to music: I had my second recital with the Russian Overtones. The pictures are attached.

As to Halloween, I love it for the reason of dressing up, but... I was so busy that I didn't have a chance to do it :( I promise, next year, I will!

Olivia was dressed up as a ballerina with a blue tutu. Love it! We also had a company over. We all had appetizers, and then went trick-or-treating with everybody. I stayed home after some time to give out the candy. I think because it was a school night, and Monday, there weren't as many kids coming as in previous years.

Oct.21: Mila's birthday at Chuck'E'Cheese

Oct.28: Elgin Pumpkin Patch
Oct.29: The Russian Overtones recital

Oct.31: Deviled eggs. Do they look like eyes??

Oct.31: Going trick-or-treating!

1 comment:

  1. How fun, Luciena! I love all the photos! You are the hostess with the mostess! :) Your deviled eggs look perfect as creepy eyes. Well done! Little Olivia is rocking' the ballerina costume! :) Miss you guys! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete