Monday, July 30, 2012

My thoughts on being pregnant

This post is long overdue, I know, and I swear, I am not complaining... Hell, yes, I am! I figured I would list all the pros and cons of being pregnant. Let's see what I come up with...

Pros:
1. We will become a family of 4 with 2 beautiful girls. Sweet!
2. My immune system is much stronger at fighting off ailments, like colds, etc.
3. Baby shower. In my culture we don't celebrate something that didn't happen, but I decided to give it a try this time..

Cons:
1. Nausea. The anti-nausea drugs either make me sleepy (Promethazone) or constipated (Zofran).
2. Heartburn after 30 weeks. Tums or mint altoids do help, but the thought of taking them makes me nauseous.
3. Painful varicose and spider veins that magically appeared all over my legs. I was told that taking vitamin E helps prevent them. Too late...
4. Constipation and hemorrhoids. Up to 800 mg magnesium supplement does help, besides helping tight muscles and working as a calming agent.
5. Hurt feet, especially heels from all the heaviness.
6. Weight gain. Not for me this time, since I've been nauseous for most of the pregnancy.
7. Can't have a sip of my favorite wine or margarita :( This doesn't bother me much right now as I am happy when I can at least eat.
8. Baby moving. I know, it's a good sign, but just thinking about how little space she has to move and how claustrophobic it might feel for her, makes me nervous.
9. Hormone fluctuations. I would feel either super happy or sad/depressed/anxious at different times. Benadryl capsules help some with that, besides helping with insomnia and even nausea.
10. Painful and big breasts in the beginning. Makes me feel like a cow, or, better, like a porno star..
11. Cramping feet and lower abdomen. The latter is due to the uterine growth.
12. Weaker bladder.
13. Being stuck with the pregnancy clothes which do make you look pregnant.
14. Not being able to bend after 30 weeks. Good Luck shaving those legs!
15. The list of all things you can't do/ eat /take (exercise, medications)
16. Swollen ankles/ feet/ hands towards the end.
17. Stretch marks.
18. Skin acne and raised moles. Yuk!
19. Painful sciatica (pinched nerve) in the hip. It was really bad with Olivia.
20. Being out of breath just from going up the stairs. I feel like a wimp!

I know, there are far worse things that could happen in pregnancy, but as a conclusion, my body does not tolerate pregnancy well, therefore I don't enjoy it even a bit. I do, however, count my blessings for all the support and love I am getting from my family, especially Mike and my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment