Thursday, January 16, 2014

December updates: family

On Christmas day we had a traditional crab-bisque soup dinner with appetizers at Aunt Janise and Uncle Brian's house. Loved seeing and chatting with more family!

We also had a death in the family. The "Big" Aunt Nancy passed away a week before Christmas. The funeral was the day after Christmas. We were very hesitant about taking and exposing the girls to such a sad event, as a funeral. However, I was pleasantly surprised how well it went with people only talking about happy memories of Aunt Nancy. The service was short and sweet too. In Ukraine, something like that would take hours, and people would be crying and "howling", and you would feel the presense of death for few weeks...  I think having happy memories and celebrating a person's life is a better way of saying the final good-bye.. Rest in peace, Aunt Nancy. I will always remember you when playing my piano.

With Connors 
Celebrating and remembering Aunt Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment