I have been researching a lot about the fireplace mantel, going to the specialty stores, looking online, etc, before I knew what I wanted. Our fireplace had a mantel that was small and did not have a shelf. Also, it had a black and purple marble around it, which I absolutely hated. It was cracked in few spots. Above the fireplace there was an old-fashioned opening for a small TV, which completely did not work for us, as out TV is bigger and fits perfectly into the media center we have. So my idea was to replace the tile and the mantel, and wall-in the area above the fireplace. I have bought the tile at Home Depot and ordered the mantel on mantelcraft.com. I am very pleased with the finished product. Here are the before and after pictures.
 |
| This is how the previous owners had it |
 |
| A closer look |
 |
| This is how we have it now. Love it. |
As to the shower, it used to be an apartment-style fiberglass shower which kept having mold (or "growing Penicillin", as I would say). I wanted my shower to be just like the one we had in Texas. We spent hours going to specialty stores to look at tiles, shower doors and shower hardware. We ended up buying the tile at Home Depot, the shower head hardware at Lowe's and custom ordering the doors. Here are the before and after pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment